Since we’ve become a one-income family, we’ve cut back our spending a lot. We need to think about everything we buy. As we all know, little things add up.
And we live in a tiny house with very little storage so I’ve done my best to get rid of clutter, which hasn’t been easy as we are a cluttery couple.
I was thinking about all the things I haven’t needed to buy because a) we already had it or b) we had something that would do. In the last two years, I’ve used up, found an alternative or found for free and I haven’t bought:
- shampoo/conditioner, face wash, moisturizer, bar soap, lip balm
- gift wrap, bows, gift tags
- socks, sweaters
- pencil, pens, markers, paper, notebooks, envelopes, glue
- candles, picture frames, blankets, sheets, anything for the kitchen (we have a tiny kitchen!)
- DVDs, books, CDs, magazines
- winter coats, mittens, hats, scarves
Are you using up and making do?